R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - YOKOMO Touring Car BD-7
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2013, 12:31 PM
gom
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tak4
Hey guys,

Was gonna check this on the BD-5 page but it's been inactive for quite awhile.

Will be picking up a BD5wx with zeppin chassis in a couple of days. My question is what does the BD7 have that it doesnt? I checked Yokomo's website but they're all in Japanese.

Also how competitive is the BD5 atm? Was planning to run it in stock class with my Eryx in mod but if it's still as competitive, I'm tempted to switch it around.
You'll be very pleased with the BD5wx. I was in the same boat as you are a few months ago when I bought a BD5wxi. So I asked around on the BD7 forum just like you. The responses I got was that they run similar lap times. This is from guys who own both the BD5 and BD7.

However, in terms of design and parts, they are quite different. A lot of newly designed parts in the BD7 including top and bottom chassis plate, shock towers, motor mount, bulk heads, servo mount, c-hubs, etc.

Despite the many differences, both cars perform equally well. At least on my track, we have 2 BD7's and my BD5wxi, and they all run nice and smooth. I believe all modern top model touring cars can be setup to fit everyone's taste.

You can use the BD5 in either stock and mod. Should be the same. I have driven a BD7 on our track as well as a Eryx. They all feel similar and run just the same as my BD5. Just have to set up right for your track. I have yet to see anyone here claims that their BD7 runs noticeably better than their BD5 assuming they own both.

The only thing I would recommand you to get is the new BD7 C-Hub if you are using DJC's. It more durable and fits much better with DJC's.