R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/10th scale dying?
View Single Post
Old 04-15-2013, 07:00 AM
tc3team
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by nitrous36
It seems 1:10 scale is only popular in the on road world with touring cars, but has faded away in the off road world with the death of stadium trucks and the popularity of 1/8 buggys, or the 1/8 to 1/5 scale shortcourse trucks. It seems that offroad prefer the larger scales, and onroad, with the exception of touring cars, prefer the smaller scales with 1/12th(coming back) and the increasing popularity 1/18 and 1/24 mini's.

As a late 90s/early 00s RC guy, I remember when 10th scale was the standard across the board. And now it seems its going away(across the board) in favor of the larger and smaller scales. One time 10th scale was like the godilocks of sizes, it was just right. The perfect compromise, not too big and not too small. Maybe as someone who's been into RC since the late 90s Im biased and would hate to see it go away.

Whats your opinion of this? Curious to hear others views and what they think. Can someone put me in the know? Is 10th scale dying? Or has it already come and gone?
It's all region dependant imo.

Also, if you have only ever raced one class, you might feel the issue has been highlighted to you more than, say if you raced a lot of different classes and not paid so much attention.

For me, 1/10th touring car at my local club has been steady. Usually, the same faces every time I race, with a few newcomers turning up now and then