R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya TRF417
Thread: Tamiya TRF417
View Single Post
Old 04-14-2013, 12:36 PM
ruebiracer
Tech Regular

Good day of testing today, low grip asphalt again but this time with the soft raceberry chassis mounted - big improvement! Overall grip was similar to the V5 but the car was far more agile and easier to drive on the limit. There's a lot more to come with some setup work, I sort of feel like I'm starting from square 1 again with a new car
Craig, I could also feel the car being more agile today.
Coming from the X, I only had at the moment the stiffer Raceberry chassis, but even with that my car was a lot easier to drive for me (compared to the X spec)!
I could manage to win my local championship race today, on quite difficult conditions. In the morning it was partly raining, with getting dry in the late afternoon. Car was a little pushing into some tight corners, as some of you also noticed, but despite of that still very agile in the quick chicanes. This made it easy to drive on the partly wet track, great.
Only problem I had was on the Yokomo pulley: One side plate did pop off, and was loose after one run. Cannot say way, the belt stayed still on.

I´m very keen on the soft chassis now for the next races!

BR,
Matthias