R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - shipping
Thread: shipping
View Single Post
Old 04-11-2013, 03:53 PM
Chillaxin
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

5) A drunk monkey knows better than to buy used, and/or knows they are taking huge risks in doing so - especially when it's several hundreds of dollars.

I don't drink, but I do like bananas.....

I buy used often, and what I order I expect to receive. Period. If Seller didn't pack box properly and items fell out, or got damaged, it is HIS PROBLEM, not mine.

The entire FS/FT Forum is all about one hobbyist, buying, selling, trading with other Hobbyists and I'd bet a basket full of BANANAS that more than half the items are USED. Pablo, are you saying that all RC TECH members are DRUNK MONKEYS? I take offense at that.

To the OP, the only lesson learned is to clarify exactly what you are getting, with a very detailed overview of condition. Pictures should be mandatory so you can compare what is received, to what was promised. You shouldn't take a loss for parts that didn't arrive, as is it Sellers responsibility to get all items to you safely, and securely.

Notify Seller of what was missing, and ask for a partial refund at a mutually agreeable amount. If Seller is not willing to work this out with you in a prompt and professional matter, then file a Paypal claim. Simple as that.

When I buy, I assume nothing and ask reasonable questions on quantity, condition, age, amount of use etc. If Seller doesn't respond to reasonable questions, or seems put out or annoyed, it is a clear sign to me that it is not the type of Seller I want to be working with. Good Sellers are happy to exchange information, supply pictures and communicate throughout the transaction.

Good luck to you. I for one don't consider you a drunk monkey for buying used and expecting what you ordered to arrive.