R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...
Old 04-10-2013, 06:54 AM
Team Lotus
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by aarcobra
Don't give up on the Tech arms for "scale" especially if you don't have a class to actually race under the rules. I angled them and painted them again and will post pics soon. I may try to Monocote them as none of the chrome pain I've ried have really looked good.

Yes, 188 to 190 is no problem, more should be easy with wider hexes in front and spacers on the axles in the rear.

All my width numbers are with VTA wheels and tires 26 front and 31 rear, with the "+2" GT rear hub adapter and diff and the FGX front hubs. Interestngly enough, if I read the 1:1 F1 rules from 1967 correctly, 1880mm is the max width ;-)

The F104 t-bar is thinner than the chassis and since it is flush with the lower surface, it is recessed on top. It's not a conventionally mounted t-bar system so it really never goes above the surface. On the stock kit, with the long battery or shorty to the rear, it works fine. If you put the ESC or RX to the rear you have to put something like a piece of lexan or carbon fiber back there to bridge the t-bar. You could also mount them to the sides.

I still don't have a runnable chassis set-up but I'll try to take csome picks of possible options.

Good luck!
Thanks Ned, looking forward to seeing more pictures of that Tech front end as you continue to work on it, as well as those chassis shots.