R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - LOSI XXX-S, Tips and Tricks, Open Mod, etc
Old 04-10-2013, 06:10 AM
jhwnissan
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ropes
I just sold my fleet of xxx-s cars to a trackmate, but I was doing some research into the belts some time ago and found that the long hd belts are 259 tooth at 3mm pitch for a 777mm pitch length. The standard belts are 250 tooth at 3mm pitch for a 750mm pitch length. I think the width of the both belts are 3mm wide.

If you're going to go so far as to the correct tooth profile, if memory serves, I believe the profile is S3M, the same profile that HPI, X-Ray and Spec-R uses.

Hope that helps you in the journey to find a more plentiful belt supply.
Thank you. I actually just got messaged the same thing by another person on here. It's the same style as used in the older Losi applications. I actually do not need belts for my own r/c. I'm going to create the supply. As of right now, I'm the only person in the world that sells Street and Rally Weapon rear belts. If you can't get XXX-S rear belts, I guess I'll end up being the only person in the world to supply those as well. That's why I wanted to know the exact dimensions for making them. Should have a good number of them in the next month or so. Don't throw those XXX-S cars away yet!