R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0 Kit Thread
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2013, 07:53 AM
Casper
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by agarabaghi
It's not the chasis because the Ti screw fit perfect??

It's also not the shock caps I don't think, cause old or new they don't fit flush, at least from what I've experienced.

None of these are issues that actually harm the truck though so I'm not worried. I was lucky enough to get the Ti kit with my 2nd kit and they fit perfectly flush with the chasis.
The stock screws are the same as they always have been. This counter sink issue is pretty minor the heads are just above flush. It is not much. The titanium screws most likely just have a little smaller head on them.

Originally Posted by RC-Rick
Casper & Ryan, I don't suppose you would mind taking a caliper to your rear hinge pin to aluminum carrier and measuring both the the diameter of the pin and the inside diameter of the carrier? I ask because it looks like my aluminum carriers are .134 and the pins are .137.5 (including the newly replaced pins from HH CS). There really isn't a good way to mount the carrier to my mill so I'm considering either sanding down the pin in my lathe with an abrasive cloth or possibly using a reamer to bore out the hole to .138. Haven't quite decided yet, but I wanted to get a larger sample of that hole size.

Ryan, the aluminum carriers are 6061 or 7075? Do you by chance know what was spec'd for the diameter in that carrier hole?

Thanks again!
I don't have good access to my truck but I am sure Ryan can stop in and help or PM him.