R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Xray T4 '13
Thread: Xray T4 '13
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2013, 07:03 AM
daleburr
Tech Master

Originally Posted by cyba888
Still having hard time rebuilding shocks to achieve 25% rebound. Tried loosening the bottom cap as well with not much luck....for me I need to try many times to get it right. Any other suggestions? Use different brand bladders? Must be easy trick to get it right every time
Personally I wouldn't bother. You'll spend hours trying to get a specific amount of rebound, then after a couple of runs on track it will have reduced anyway as the excess oil gets forced out. Unless you're a pro changing your oil every couple of runs it's not worth the effort. It's much more important to have all 4 shocks the same than it is to get them to a specific rebound.

With the T4 it's easiest to build them by putting the bladder onto the shock body, then fitting the cap. Fitting the bladder into the cap makes it very hard to build them with consistent rebound across 4 shocks.

I build mine with 100% rebound (so put the bladder on with the shock rod fully extended) as I don't like shock building, and the extra oil in there means longer between rebuilds. Mine have now done about 40 runs and are down to around 10% rebound, still with zero air in the shocks.

Definitely some of the best shocks I've ever run, on a par with the Tamiya TRF shocks now (maybe even better; it's still early days).