R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - NEED DRIVE SHAFT PINS CHANGED !!!
View Single Post
Old 04-04-2013, 11:44 PM
My ST-RR EVO
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

You don't really need those pin tools. I just changed 6 pins from my swing shafts without those tools. I used my vise to press the pin out of the shaft and into a 5mm socket (1/4" drive). That gets one end of the pin flush against the ball thing its pressed in and the other end of the pin pushed outward into the socket. Next, I used a 2.5mm diameter pin (Mugen E0238) held with pliers to put against the pin that is flush with the ball thing and squeezed the vise closed. Since the 2.5 mm diameter pin is smaller than the ID of the ball thing, it pushes the pin you're replacing all the way out and into the socket and then the 2.5 mm pin falls out easily. Using pliers position your new pin (make sure its the correct diameter... Kyosho is a weird size) at the opening of the ball thing of the swing shaft you want to push it into. Put the socket at the opposite side of the ball thing. Close the vise. The pin will push through and into the socket. Eye ball it. Then measure. Adjust as needed. After you do two pin replacments, it only takes a minute. It's easy and cheaper than the tool.