R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Palmaris engine thread
View Single Post
Old 11-10-2004, 05:34 AM
EdwardN
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by xtreme888
Hi Ed,

What different do the height of between the new and old sleeve have on the performance of the engine. From my understanding if the height of the ports of the new one are higher....would that mean more top end or have got it the wrong way round, and i am sure there is more to that !!! If you don`t mind, would you explain how the old and new sleeves will affect performance.

Cya

Philip

p.s check pm as well
Hi Phillip.
If I will tell what difference done on new style I will shoot my legs. New style has smaller ports and it makes realy big difference. They are smaller, but timings stay untouched-we make it smaller from bottom, not from top.
Old style is basecaly calculated area t flow ammount, velocity for event. On new style we use different effect then just pressure of crances pushing mixture to combustion chamber, it doesn't mean we don't use pressure, it means we use other effects then just pressure. In our particular case, we are not depending of OEM and we don't have to moddify stuff from market, we are designing, making and testing stuff on the spot. It is veru difficult to explane what we are doing ( will take a lot of space and I will need to disclose a lot of info), but we are working on every possible direction on flow and material properties.
In general old style and new style has the same run time, but new design has much more power on all around the range.