R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Need Help with sc10 questions please!
View Single Post
Old 04-04-2013, 02:06 PM
Rc-007
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Questions?? Need Help with sc10 questions please!

I'm new to hobby grade rc and I really want to get into it. I've never bought a hobby grade rc only toy rc vehicles. There are a few race tracks and hobby shops in my town and I would eventually like to race. I also live in a area that I could just drive around for fun(pavement/Dirt) I have been researching different rc trucks. I originally was looking at the Losi 1/10 Desert truck- $150, but I don't know if it could race or what class it would race in. Then I saw the Losi XXX-sct- $199, but I think it got discontinued. So I didn't know if I could get help with it if it's obsolete. Then I discovered the Team Associated Sc10 RTR $199, and I was like wow.
It looks good(I like the looks of Short course trucks), and the reviews that I have seen have been pretty positive. But before I buy it I have a few questions. I'm looking at the Brushed version rtr because its cheaper and I have a TIGHT budget. So keep that in mind please.

1. Is the sc10 rtr brushed good enough to race? I mean would it compete against other 'stock' 2wd trucks? I've seen the rcnightmare drag races and it does pretty well(at least on straightaways).

2. Can I run LiPo's in it with the stock brushed motor and esc? Like i said I'm new

3. Is the stock sc10 Rtr(brushed) better than the Losi XXX-Sct? Like the electronics and stuff? (My lhs has a Losi xxx-Sct for $215, and my lhs has plenty of Losi and associated part).

4. Do you think it's a good first truck? I think it's going to be fun fixing and maintaining it.

5. If the sc10 rtr brushed isn't good enough to race stock then how much $$$ will it cost just to get it race ready?

6. Is the Losi 1/10 desert truck even worth looking at? Is it race worthy?

I'm sorry for all the questions I just don't know who to ask. Thank you for taking time and reading this and have a good day.