R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - How do you adjust engine timing on nitro engines?
Old 04-03-2013, 01:22 AM
latemodel13
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)
Default Modding

I would like to thank all that have posted info on this thread. It has helped a lot. I built an angle finder like Stefan posted using a 5 mm pinion gear glued to the back. I also made a piston stop to get TDC . I first Modded a Sportwerks .26 . I ground away the bridge at the bottom of the intake runners to match a Novarossi I had. I then sharpened the bottom of the sleeve. I didn't touch the ports on the liner but I ground on the crank to make it close at 65 degees after TDc with a 215 duration. It runs awesome I tried it in my driveway and I thought it was going to tear the driveline out of the car. I have a lrp 30 x I was going to do and it doesn't need alot . Maybe a couple degrees on the closing of the crank as it closes at 62 degrees. I wonder how thin I can go on the Crankshaft before it would break? It is 14 mm and the hole in it is 10.5 mm. I was thinking about going to 11mm. Fuel mileage isn't a concern.