R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TLR 22 Racing Buggy Thread
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2013, 02:56 PM
gticlay
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wildcat1971
So I am starting to put more effort into the 22. First, I see a few guys are running the AE 1.6 2 hole pistons, or gluing the losi pistons. Any side effect seen with the AE 1.6 pistons? I have a few pistons left over from my AE BB shocks. I ahve all of the alum parts I want atm, but the alum pivot is binding my front arms. Everything is good until I tighten the sew/grub screw, then it binds hard. I have tried to back off the grub screw a little, and it does improve slightly, but still binds. With the plastic pivot I can get it all the way tight and the arms pivot smoothly around the arms. I did notice that the alum pivot is looser on the hinge pin and the plastic is tighter on the hinge pin. So I assume when I tighten the grub screw with the alum pivot, it is flexing the hinge pin and binding. The issues does not exist with the plastic pivot because it holds the hinge pin firm. I am only using the alum pivot for weight and so I just added lead up front with the alum pivot, but since i own the alum pivot, I kinda wanna use it. thoughts?
Pull the arms off and look inside to see if there's any metal shavings or something. You do have to just barely snug the set screws or they bind. Maybe use blue locktite so you know it won't fall out after you get it set.

The AE pistons are great in the TLR bodies. In fact, I think they are better because the molding flash is on the top so you can easily nip that off without potentially changing the shape of the piston like the TLR ones with the flash off to the side. Not sure why they did that on the TLR pistons - seems like mold making 101.