R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - total noob
Thread: total noob
View Single Post
Old 03-31-2013, 09:08 PM
spunkysandoval
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JOE SI
I'm pretty much a noob myself to onroad racing and in my experience so far is superb, the people I've met are all kind good hearted people that'll stop doing whatever they're doing to help a new guy...
That's been my experience so far and totally disagree with you saying that onroad guys don't want noobs, as far as I know onroad was dying out up until the last few years and onroad guys will welcome you with open arms...
This could just be my experience and where I race but I'm happy that I got into the hobby and the people I race with are some of the best in the country in stock "blinky" racing and will be glad to help 100 new guys in a day if possible....
Thanks again Horsham crew you guys are the best
I was just referring to responses here on this forum. I don't meant to say anything negative about the onroad community as a whole, just the attitudes on the forum. This thread is evidence of that as the only people that took time to respond to him was two noobs. It doesn't bother or deter me, but I do find it interesting.

Also, you made some good points in your advice to him. It seems like he is brand new to the hobby so he might be best with an rtr just to get his feet wet. I don't think he has a radio or any gear at all.