R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - NEW HOBBYWING STOCK SUPERCHARGED SOFTWARE
Old 03-29-2013, 10:44 PM
Shawn68z
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hyujmn
I was just experimenting last night with some different motors. Something very odd occurred.

With my Hobbywing v3 and a Revtech 17.5, the brakes were very soft, even at 100%. I put in a Turnigy Trackstar 17.5 and at the same ESC settings, the brakes were significantly harder. I haven't had the opportunity to test other motors, but this puzzled me.

Before you ask, I tried everything with the Revtech to get tighter brakes. Every combination of fwd/brake at 0-100% and 25-100% reverse. Different softwares, reprogramming the ESC to the Revtech several times. It just confuses me that a different motor immediately solved the braking issue.

Any input here?
Just wondering on what type of rotor each of the motor has installed? I believe a larger rotor will give you better brake performance then a smaller rotor (This is theory, and I have not tested it). I am also convinced the amount of timing a motor has turned onto the end bell the worse the brakes are. When running Blinky I have terrible brakes (and tons of end bell timing), but when I run the boost/turbo fw, I run a lot less end bell timing, and have TONS of brakes... Same motor.