R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - So Cal's 1st Ever VTA Endurance Race
View Single Post
Old 03-29-2013, 01:07 AM
ScottKelly911
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by T.MARSHALL
Thanks Scott put a team together and come race some Enduro with us. Outlaw style!
You bet! Team assembling is happening as we speak. I think I'm part of a 4 person team. I'll be the anchor and by anchor, I mean dead weight Luckily the other 3 are more than capable of picking up the slack!
Originally Posted by F N CUDA
Let's do this!

If we stay with treaded tires you're gonna need a lot of tires.
Just sayin, besides, the true Trans Am cars ran on slicks! No?
Not sure whose idea it was to pencil treaded tires into the RC scene anyway.
I think it was to make em look like the street driven cars.

I vote slicks for the enduro.
Cuda buddy! This is gonna be fun, I hope you're running it!
Originally Posted by T.MARSHALL
Cuda we can't really blame the VTA races for this one because the racing slicks were released quite awhile after the original treaded tire hit the market. I'm no rocket scientist but bang for your buck the slicks kick ass.

I'm just looking out for our racers' wallets. On the surface where our Enduro Race is taking place the slicks yield faster the lap times and last longer. The treaded tires cost the same as the slicks. For me I just did the math and it made since to me.
Yeah after thinking about it, I think you guys are right, VTA slicks are the right way to go. I can't wait, this is gonna be a lot of fun! So are we gonna have to name our teams? T. Thanks for putting this on, should be a blast!

question I forgot to ask, says 10 tires max, does that mean it's up to us how we want to spread them out, ie. can do 4 fronts and 6 rear, or 6 fronts and 4 rear etc.? Should make for some interesting pit strategies! This is gonna be fun!!!!