R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0 Kit Thread
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2013, 10:05 AM
jmc5313
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by hacker07
You are correct, there is often a smidgen of rebound regardless, so what you are experiencing is ok.

Cover up? Seriously...lol. I have built many of these trucks... cant say that I have ever expereinced my diff case rubbing any part of the gear inside. As long as the bearings are seated properly ont he diff case and the diff screws are tight and the screws not going into the diff case are not over tightenend, all have always been A-OK. If there was an issue, I would fix it. I will look into it though just in case.
I was there the night it was put together....ring gear was tight....bearings were seated correct...and it rubbed the inside of the diff case for sure...but only with diif case bolts installed and tightned reasonably...thats how it was discovered to drill out the front part of the diff screw holes...and yes it works now like it should have in the begining.... i think wyotitans main gripe is that after all of the hold time and phone jockeying he was treated like a fool that had no idea what he was talking about....i dont know how many times we heard....ive built ALL kinds of these with NO PROBLEMS......well guess what he did have an issue that was fixed with little to no help from Horizon...