R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Woodville Mall Saturday Electric Racing
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2013, 04:16 PM
rcwck
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Voltron989
Bill, why not just ask the other racers if its ok to grandfather in Russ with his current setup?
Its not like its a big race or championship series where the rules have followed to the T and like Russ said you and Kevin pretty much dominate the class so he isn't going to effect the races much running his set up.

Hate to lose a racer especially one that's a good guy and was nice enough to run the races for us last year. The guy really loves to race, for Christ sake he built his own ashpalt track in his back yard!

Should try find a way to make everyone happy and have some fun.

Leo
The main problem is from the people that Russ has or may finish in front of for the season points. The other consideration is that we will hopefully have many more mod sedans this year. I have been trying to recruit new mod drivers this winter at the indoor carpet track. All of these drivers were either assuming that the rule is 2S until they discovered one car was not or they will be coming to race expecting that is the rule.

Two seasons we started electrics at the mall. The Hobby Stop and I ran the races. We never thought to specifically state a rule about 2S for sedans because we assumed that would be the rule. The sedans have always ran 2S after switching from 6 can cells and that's what the sedans are designed to run.

If Russ is so use to getting his way that he can't change to the well established 2S rule I don't know how I can help him. I offered batteries and motors as he seems to express money is a concern. Instead he attack me on a personal basis. Stating how it's all about me making sure I will win. To me he's just being very stubborn and there is no reason why we need a special exception to the rule for him.

The people putting on the races, supplying the expensive hardware, software and the time are firm on this well established 2S rule. That's the only way to keep the racing fair.