Thread: Xray XB4 thread
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2013, 11:24 AM
RShockley
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mlinder
Tim,

My setup is pretty much stock. It is very quick, but "nervous" compared to the Associated B44.2 that I own as well. We run on a hard packed clay surface that has medium to high traction and is watered lightly a couple times throughout the day. It feels that the car is stiff, as it does bounce a bit, and the rear end is always kind of loose. My diff oils are 7 front, 5 rear. I have tried lighter shock oils, but still the 3 hole pistons. My latest oils were 32/27.5 F/R. I widened the rear end .75 per side.

I admit my setup skills are lacking. Got spoiled with the B44.2 which is easy to setup. I simply always wanted an xray kit, since they seem like super quality. It was an excellent build, but just trying to get that suspension dialed in. My next idea is to move the rear lower shock mount to the inner hole location.

I ran both cars last night. The xray was a handful for me. Both car run 6.5T motors, but the xray seemed much quicker, probably due to the low drag drivetrain. Just lacking keeping the tires firmly planted to the clay.

It's a keeper for sure. So any setup tips are welcome and would be gratefully received.

Mark
Running the +0.75 hex in the rear will cause the rear to be looser. If you run the standard or even the -0.75 hex it will gain a little bit of rear traction and not feel so loose in the rear.