R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Xray T1
Thread: Xray T1
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2004, 12:26 PM
markp27
Tech Elite

Well, my Xray has eventually turned its wheels
I wanted to test at the weekend, but my club had a race on and I didn't want to enter the race without having tested the car.
I setup the car pretty much as standard, except I used Assos 50WT oil all round + Assos copper and gold springs front and rear. My track is very tight and technical, so I needed the quick reacting suspension.
I used a 17T motor with 93/21 gear ratio - I tried the 93/22, but I was a little slower.
All the results from the weekends race were available at the track, so I could see what sort of lap times I had to put in to be in the thick of it. To my amazement by the third battery, where I put on my Sorex 24R tyres, I was faster than any of the drivers during the A-Main and by the 4th battery, where I increased the rear-droop from 5mm to 6mm to settle down the rear end off throttle, I set a time which was only bettered once by one driver during the whole weekend...Wow!!! this car is really good!!! I hadn't even started to really look into the setup fully - all I had changed was the rear droop!!!

There's a little bit of understeer on throttle in the flat out sweeper, but apart from the the handling is almost perfect already.

Cheers, Mark.