R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Associated TC6 Thread
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2013, 05:36 PM
billdelong
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (97%+)

Hey guys, I recently picked up a used TC6 and I plan to run it in the local Mod class out in Austin,TX (asphalt parking lot track).

I'm having a hard time finding literature that lists recommended staring points for FDR's with respective turn ratings on motors. I've found some dead links to Novak's website but can't seem to locate anything concrete using Google search.

The TC6 manual defers to motor manufacturer suggested gear ratio for starting point, but my TrackStar motor doesn't provide any recommendations. Then I went to Novak and Reedy to no avail either, they do provide spec charts for all the basic info, but nothing is mentioned for a given FDR.

My 3.5T motor just arrived today, but some folks are recommending a 5.5T may be more suitable for our size track.

I was hoping it would be nice if the FDR could be the same between both motors so I could at least play with the 3.5T with the EPA turned down while I wait for a 5.5T to come in.

Will someone please point me in the right direction to an FDR chart for the TC6 that cross references to a motors turn?

Thanks!