R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - How do I know if tuned pipe is bad??
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2013, 05:03 PM
snuvet75
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (94%+)
Default How do I know if tuned pipe is bad??

Hi. I've been suffering from tuning my brand new(supposedly.. I got it from a guy here) engine(O.S. 12xz) for a month and now even with different engine, I can't seem to tune the engine. This begs to a question of what if the tuned pipe is bad?
I'm saying this for a reason because the guy who sold the engine and pipe to me(actually the entire NT1 with engine and pipe installed claiming it's ready to go) stupidly left a plastic part between manifold and pipe and I found out accidentally later on after days of trying to tune the engine. It had been melted severely by the time I found it out. It seems to be a round object like a thin membrane that blocks the passage. So I think the plastic part might have damaged the tuned pipe as I kept trying the engine. Is that at all possible? I don't even know how the inside of the pipe generally looks like. I understand the pipe regulates the air amount and pressure but I just don't understand how in the world is it so difficult to tune two different engines in the same way in a brand new car? It leads to manifold and tuned pipe problem. Please advise.