R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Woodville Mall Saturday Electric Racing
View Single Post
Old 03-24-2013, 06:27 PM
rcwck
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Lazer Guy
So now we do not discuss rule changes with the racers who race in the class's.
Was there a meeting that was held that you did not tell us about ???

There have been many changes made before we even have a Saturday EL club meeting.
That is why I am not running the racing for you guys this year.

I do want to thank all you guys for your help last year!!!!!!!
Together we did a fantastic job and I am very proud of that.

As sorry as I am to say this...... I will not Be racing with you guys this year.
The Hobby Stop West Raceway and the One-Eighth Racers along with many other tracks/clubs use the established ROAR car class rules as a guideline. The 2S voltage is the established power source for all sedan 1/10 race cars. It's just not reasonable for a racer to feel like he is at a disadvantage unless he purchases new batteries, a new motor and possible have to redesign his chassis.

I have heard and experienced some tracks where the racers determine the rules. There is no stability in the rules and they change quite often during the season. No one is quite sure from week to week what rules are being used. We are not interested in running this type of program.

If there is enough interest in an open mod 1/10 sedan class using high voltage packs that would be ok with the people in charge of running the race program. It would just be a matter of 3 or more of those cars racing in 50% of the races to have a season championship. They are welcome to race with the mod sedans if needed but just not in a series championship with them.

I'm sorry you feel so strong about using 3-4s lipo voltage in your sedan that you will not be racing this year.

Regards