R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Is there any reason I should not buy this truck for the wife?;)
Old 03-23-2013, 12:16 PM
fr8cture
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Tower always has awesome discount codes. It's not worth buying from there unless your spending over like $300 though. More expensive without discount codes.

Originally Posted by Herrsavage
I understand that everybody worships Jang and all, but honestly I am a bit skeptical of how he sees and rates things. It's as if he's comparing every RC he comes across to some Traxxas RTR ideal - because Traxxas RC's are what are sold most, as if that's a legitimate basis for them being the standard. You see here and there how he says "That's not gonna' work" - based, of course, on his experience with god knows what, but then in his running videos he'll admit that he was wrong..

He does seem pretty objective and unbiased I guess, and willing to thrash things without regard to what some company wants, but afaic he's just one guy on the internet running and testing his RC's among many. I really see no reason to invest any more trust in him than I would in anybody here.
Yes, I just linked it so he could see an actual overview and not take someones word for it. Looks like a cool truck to me but I'm good with my revo.