R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Ideas for motor for Losi 8ight 2.0 T
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2013, 12:10 PM
Gsnow39
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dropabomb
So with the low low prices of the 2.0 due to the 3.0 release ive decided to give nitro another shot. Anyway, bought the 2.0 Truggy Kit and wondered if someone could give a good couple recommendations on engine and pipe combo? Im not a racer and in fact im more of a basher and like to just rip them around the yard and stuff with my kids. I have a couple 1/5 scales and ive had nitro in the past but this will be my first nitro in years. anyway, my needs are more of a basher, overall decent motor that is RELIABLE and once you get it tuned maybe is good to go? Thats what has scared me away from nitro, every time we would get my trucks out, they wouldnt start or whatever. Anyway, just hoping to get something pretty affordable, not high end at all but reliable and enough get up to rip it up. What about a decent pipe to match? Thanks again for any thoughts or ideas!
get your self a nova p5xlt and 2058 or 086 pipe. it will run all day and hold a tune like crazy. I hardly have to touch the needles now. and I found the proper tune pretty easy. and it has plenty of bottom end to push that truggy around. and they are priced right I bought my kids stock one for like 200 ish. new in the box!