R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Let's Talk Modified
View Single Post
Old 03-21-2013, 12:53 PM
Fred Hubbard
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Chris Adams
I am really excited to see that people are really wanting to step up into modified. We convinced our fastest stock guys here in Dallas to go mod and now we have a mod class. The guys that normally wouldnt want to race against us now have the stock class. I know for a fact that we have gotten way better from making the transition and I think most people after 6 months or so will be able to say the same thing. The transition can be expensive at first but once the driver gets used to the speed, costs normalize to around the spec classes. I guess what I'm trying to say is, convince your local fast guys to step into modified, especially if they are nationally fast and racing at your track.
Originally Posted by jiml
That will never happen. It makes too much sense.
Originally Posted by B00t13g
It works for us at mikes. I'm proud to be the slowest mod guy. Lol
I believe the issue is that when some US drivers make the jump they do so without realistic expectations. I say US because we live in the country that has adopted the mindset of "instant gratification." They expect that they will be competitive right away and when they aren't it shatters those expectations and so they drop back down to stock. So I believe that if the driver approaches Mod understanding that it will take time to learn how to be effective with more power and not to quit when it gets challenging then we would see more American based Mod turnouts.