R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - ROAR 2013 Carpet On-Road Nationals
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2013, 02:31 PM
LATIF
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

What a great race experience.

I remember thinking to myself during the sponsor announcements how much the median age of the racers has gone up. Men that were teenagers, still doing something they enjoyed and us as spectators still getting excited about watching them do what they do best.

I got to chat and catch up with folks that I haven't seen in a long time and it was great to do so. It's the people in this underground sport of ours that really keep it moving forward.

ROAR Team did a great job.

Live RC, thank you for the coverage.

Larry, Mike, Al, Storti and everyone that supported you guys, Thank you. It's awesome that you all still have the passion and drive to put together and maintain a facility like Horsham RC. You're efforts are greatly appreciated.

Alex Valdez and Mike Ivy - possibly the industry's greatest volunteers.

Xavier, The Iceman. Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy. Good job old friend, it was long overdue and very well deserved.

Sponsors and Manufacturer support, I know it's about the return on investment and sometimes it's tough to measure the value of a smile. My daughter (age 3) went up to pickup my race prize, a Team SR car stand, and has since modified it to a very nice table for her dolls to have tea on. Thank you for supporting the race and still believing that it matters.

The race was a complete success.

It was a vacation for me and I had a great time, I will gladly recommend this resort to anyone. See you guys trackside somewhere soon.

Last edited by LATIF; 03-20-2013 at 05:25 PM.