R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - AARCMCC Electric Nationals 2004
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2004, 07:56 AM
Andrew Selvaggi
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

as a community of RC racers we a strong one, but i guess, off road racers have a very different oppion and mind set than on-road racers. No offence to any one but i think we all know its true.
I can see this fastly turning into an on-road vs off-road battle and it shouldn't.

But i do have to put my 2 cents in here, the wodonga club held the off-road ep nationals in April this year and over the 3 days we got something like 100+ entries (not 2 heats or less) and we had 4 qualifiers and 3 finals which were run perfectly to every account, scrutineering was perfect with all peoples cars being checked even if they were in the C-main.

They do know how to hold an event and Peter Wooster (aweosme guy) the race director will make sure that every thing will go as planned.

All i ask as an off-road racer, and one that is getting into on-road aswell, please respect the Wodonga club and what they do. As cantona said it is true that the club wont post in here if every on is lashing at it with abbuse and accusations.

All i can say is go to the event and enjoy the weekend and the hospitality from the Wodonga club.

As far as drivers going over seas to get EXPERIENCE, it is the best thing any driver could do, just to see how they race over in countries like the USA, UK and Europe. You come back the better racer for it, just see at the nationals next week how on-fire the guys that have come back from the Worlds are. I know i am a nobody on the world scene, but that does not deny me the right to go and race at the same event (worlds) with the best of the best. And thats why i will be paying my airfare to Italy next year (off-road worlds)

Once again no offence to any one