R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0 Kit Thread
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2013, 09:44 AM
RC-Rick
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by kdub
We are going to make the 2 x 1.3 machined piston so you don't have to glue 4 x 1.3s, coming soon!
That's great! Are you considering normal and tapered pistons?

Originally Posted by hacker07
Always happy to share...this is from memory...lol...and the important stuff.
As always, I will give my disclaimer that brakes are the biggest cause of heat issues and while I set them at 100 in the esc, they are always down between 45-55 on my radio. Definately using the 223 software...so nice! Geared with 14 tooth pinion and stock 40t spur.

current limiter - 80%
drag brake - 12 (this is not for everyone and takes some getting used to)
timing at factory end points and 10%
expo is linear
brake strength at 100 (again turned way down around 45-55 in radio)
neutral width at 32
throttle min at 3
brake min at 0
As always Ryan thank you for the information. I was looking at some of the other RX8 setup sheets and to my surprise I saw a few that had up to 10 degrees of timing. I could have sworn it was advised not to do this back in the 1.0 thread. I'll bring it up in the RX8 thread none the less, just thought I'd share.

I wanted to also confirm my thoughts on the 4-40 Aluminum lock-nuts for the shock shafts as they are better suited when gluing piston holes. I swapped mine out last night. I did notice a change to the rebound setting however. I set them last night (just as Dustin explains in his youtube vid) and this morning they are already off (more rebound)? and there appears to be some negative rebound when fully extended. The temp is relatively the same and the cap and bleed screw are tight.

So my questions are: Is this expected? Is it recommended they be checked before a race in the pits? Thanks again!!!