R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive)
Old 03-17-2013, 04:34 PM
Magnet Top
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by vwvrt
After rebuilding and setting up my car this weekend I've noticed that it has bump steer on the rear of the car, in my case the toe increases as the suspension is compressed. Is it just a matter of tuning this out with more shims on the rear steering link. It would be nice to run a low toe in setting for extra speed on the straights but if I'm thinking correctly when the car leans into a turn the extra toe would only be on one side of the car so not good. Most setups I see use a 2mm shim which gives the situation I have.
I think it really depends on the setup and conditions as to whether it is good to use "active" toe in the rear. Just last night my car had a mid corner (on power ) under steer. I added 1.5mm of shims ( total of 4.75mm. ). It was an effective change as it slightly reduced toe during compression . As I applied power causing the rear to squat ( mod class - 5 turn motor ) the decrease in toe allowed the rear to rotate just a slight bit. I know other solutions are possible even preferable but this ultimately was a quick solution for me.

Jake D.

Last edited by Magnet Top; 03-17-2013 at 05:16 PM.