R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing Part 2
View Single Post
Old 03-17-2013, 07:02 AM
beemerfan
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Justin33
Anyone have an awesome setup for a tc3 in vta please post it i'm having traction roll issues on carpet also exit speed isn't great. My setup is as follows

Front
60wt oil
Red springs
2 piston
4 degree caster
0 kickup
0 toe
2 degree camber
2 hole from inside on shock tower
longest highest camber link
Droop 6

Rear
40wt oil
Silver springs
2 pistons
3 degrees toe
2 degrees camber
Short wheelbase
Shocks outside he on shocktower
Camber link longest and lowest on tower longest on hub also

Thanks guys
I'm currently hunting for a good carpet setup for my TC3 as well, but haven't found it yet. I can say that mine was working decent with a much softer shock setup than yours and 1.5 degrees of camber. Not even close to a traction roll issue and still plenty of steering, but I'm bleeding too much speed in the corners and I'm about 4 tenths off a winning pace.

One thing I've found that helps across the board on all setups is to raise the roll center by raising the suspension blocks. The previous post mentions it but he may be referring to a TC4 because it isn't quite that simple.

If you put 2 x 0.020 washers under both the front and rear inner suspension pin mounts, you raise the roll center about 1mm. However, you have to compensate on the outer pin blocks so you don't wind up with crazy angles on your suspension mounts. In this circumstance, use an F-2 block in front to wind up with 0 kickup. Use R-3-0 block in the rear to maintain the stock 2 degrees of kickup/anti-squat. Doing this will raise the roll center on the whole car 1mm, which should help the traction roll problem. You may also have to make an adjustment to your upper camber links if you raise the blocks this way.

Last edited by beemerfan; 03-17-2013 at 04:01 PM. Reason: Corrected reference to roll center.