R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Associated RC 12 R5.2
View Single Post
Old 03-14-2013, 10:28 AM
BAD007SUZUKI
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 97 (100%+)
Default .

I had the same problem. We ended up polishing the kindpins and I also polished the pivot balls, sometimes popping them in and out a few times solve's this. Some reaming was also in order for the steering blocks and the upper arm pins to move freely. As per the aluminum shims, I had the same issue. I ended up sanding one to make it equal. But in the end, I just ended up with two extra sets of shims to make sure the ones I use are EXACTLY the same. My car and parts are also for sale on rctech...........For my blinky racing, I went with the new crc xti. It will be interesting to compare the two.

Also, the kingpins will fit right into a dremel.

Originally Posted by addicted2blue
At this moment i'm building the 5.2 and the ride height spacers for the front are not all the same height.
One of the 4 1mm spacers isn't 1mm but 0,7mm (it's just in between of the 0,5mm and the 1mm spacers)
It's my first associated kit and this isn't something i would have expected from this brand.
I've already contacted the shop where i bought the kit, but i guess i have to contact associated.
Also the king pins are not moving as smooth as any of my other tamiya F104 or RM-01 cars, and i already had some thin oil on the king pins.