R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Associated RC 12 R5.2
View Single Post
Old 03-14-2013, 09:29 AM
RedBullFiXX
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by addicted2blue
At this moment i'm building the 5.2 and the ride height spacers for the front are not all the same height.
One of the 4 1mm spacers isn't 1mm but 0,7mm (it's just in between of the 0,5mm and the 1mm spacers)
It's my first associated kit and this isn't something i would have expected from this brand.
I've already contacted the shop where i bought the kit, but i guess i have to contact associated.
Also the king pins are not moving as smooth as any of my other tamiya F104 or RM-01 cars, and i already had some thin oil on the king pins.
If the pins are aren't smooth, it is likely caused by tight pivot balls in the upper and lower arms
You need to be careful when installing the Delrin pivot balls, once installed correctly, they will last a long time
Popping them in and out a few times will loosen them up, if you have a tight one

You can polish the pins for even smoother movement, but this should not be necessary to keep from binding

Odd shim issue
Would recommend picking up a few extra sets for spares, and also to see if by chance you have a few bad shims ?