R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 2004 IFMAR ISTC & 1/12th On Road Worlds at Full Throttle Speedway
Old 11-05-2004, 02:50 AM
tonyv
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by Anders Myrberg
Letīs calm down a bit please. My impression is that every driver in the Xray camp was happy with the track. No one use that as an agrument for the result. I+m not so sure the result was that bad either. The discussion was why there was such a different in the layout so we this time have to use the spool instead of one-way. It cost a lot of money to send a team from Europe to USA for a warm-up race that in the end did nothing but gave the wrong input. This was the reason Xray teamed up at the warm-up and not the Reedyrace, where spool is used.
I donīt think there is anyone at all who donīt think Marc deserve his victory either. And why should we? He was the best. Period.
Right. XRay had 6 cars in the top 20 which is not bad at all (more than the competition). But... that's not what we were there for, so we are definitely dissapointed about the result. Like Greg indicated, with the limited track time it is all about who can sort the setup out fastest. We were slower than the competition for several reasons. Not the least of which was the fact that based on the pre-worlds we were prepared for a one-way type track, not a track that required a spool.

Don't get me wrong, we don't use that as an excuse, it is part of our analysis of where we failed so we will do better next time. We were behind the game from the start and didn't catch up until the finals. Which simply means that the others were better prepared, preformed better on the day and deserved their place in the A-Final. Like Anders said, Marc is the true World Champion here. Frankly it would have been a farce had he not won it after the display during qualifying!

As to the track, we all liked it and enjoyed racing it a lot!

Last edited by tonyv; 11-05-2004 at 04:29 AM.