R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Xray XB4 thread
Thread: Xray XB4 thread
View Single Post
Old 03-11-2013, 09:22 PM
Troy Mckune
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Arigato
Since July, I've built and raced a B44.1 and a B44.2 when they came out. Last week I built an XB4 and raced it on Sunday. The build quality was absolutely the best of the 25 or so kits I've built in the last 4 years. I raced my B44.2 on Friday night and the XB4 on Sunday. I was able to run fast laps with both of them. However, I was able to run more consistent fast laps with the XRay. It's less twitchy yet rewards agressive driving. On the surface the kit looks like a B44 imitation but once you build it, you'll see the difference.
+1

I just switched from a B44.1. I have had two full days on the XB4 including one race. Hot lap so far is the same with both cars but I shaved 14 seconds in qualifying. The car is way easier to be consistent and fast. It is much more forgiving. I have only started to play around with setup so I know there is even better results to come.

As far as quality the XB4 is amazing. I have built many cars, buggies, etc and the Xray XB4, Xray T4, and NT1 are by far the best. I was actually surprised when it came out at $450 retail. At around $420 street price it's a bargain.

Durability: Having read most of this thread I thought I may run into some problems. I have landed this thing sideways, hit the wall off a triple, cartwheeled down the straight, been hit by many shortcourse trucks, and been hit head on by another 4W coming off a jump. So far in about 15+ runs I have broke a front bumper, completely my fault. My B44.1 was averaging a broken front arm and shock cap about every other race day (2-3 times a month).

You will not be disappointed.

P.S. B44.1 soon to be for sale cheap.