R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - What is up with all the lowballers????
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2013, 10:16 AM
02maxima18
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ryan90
Actually the price of RC stuff is cheap... Its just a ridicoulous mark up for retail... Usually the mark up is like 60 to 80 percent.. So really before you even sell the item used you were already ripped off by the store...
If you're talking about hobby shops, ya no not even close. I worked at the hobby shop and want to talk low ballers? If someone spent a dollar in there they thought they should be getting discounts and free services and specials etc etc. "Well I know you're making big money look at the price of these things" when a car that sells for $600 cost us $475-500 plus shipping, and an hour or two showing you every car twice thats $50.00-75.00 profit thats if you can buy direct. I would say on average hobby shops make say 10-20% profit on items over $100. Next time your at the hobby shop trying to lowball the sales guy because you bought a car there before realize you're one of a hundred people that ask for the same thing.

Just a heads up, if you spend WOW $5000 at your local hobby shop over the past 5 years, most of the employees spend MUCH MUCH over that in a year easy, so your not that special, and there are some guys that spend 10-20k a year or have been with us for years and they get it at the same price.

Andy