R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Serpent S411
Thread: Serpent S411
View Single Post
Old 03-07-2013, 08:51 AM
ferfelu
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TryHard
That's interesting, as the chart's I have with Yokomo springs are a lot softer than those values..Pink is 14.9lb, Blue 12.12 which are about 267gf and 218gf respectively.
With those values (and I've tested them side by side, and it's close), Ride Green and White.

Personally, I also ignore the Ride Silvers (tend to go with the Greens instead), as they have a different wire diameter. Both the Reds and Silvers have the different wire diameter, and as such, have a different feel. The rest of the soft set (Blue, Green, Yellow and White) are like softer versions of the good old HPI Silvers, as the wire diameter is the same, just a different coil count.

Having said all that, it is also quite hard to compare the Yokomo's to anything, as not only do they have different wire diameter again, but also have a bigger overall diameter, compared to most other springs out there.

Still, I'll be running through a lot of different set's this weekend, finally getting back to the track
TryHard,

As you can see in the chart at the yokomo blog spot, those spring are the long spring version.. As for the BD7, they are shorter.. That's why maybe those of you feel different..???