R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Novarossi engines thread
View Single Post
Old 11-03-2004, 07:52 PM
afm
Tech Master

Originally posted by Seisick
hey alfonso,thanks for your concern, for the shim Im running it stock but if it helps i also have the rb .1 shims which fit perfectly, then for what I´ve read I should put 2 .1mm shims to make it .2 right and take out the stock one that as you wrote is .30. for plug I used there the 7f. weather temps are around 50-70f. with drastic changes in between. helll I could feel the difference between 2 runs with the weather dropping in a lapse of five minutes.
Well normally engine comes with an aluminum .30mm head shim. Have you checked what shim(s) came with your engine??
And yes those RB copper shims .10mm will fit perfectly, but allways check what came with your engine before changing.

Temps in the 23.6ºC and 33ºC range changing that fast...wow!!!, and I must asume humidity is very low also...so we have a hot dry weather scenario....so a 7f should work, but since you're using 30% Nitro and will raise compression I'd try an 8F.

From there readjust your carb. You'll probably need to lean it from what you normally use at sea level, and if still you feel your car is boging and strugling (even with good carb tune and reasonable temp), I'd try shorter gear ratios (even at sea level), because these high revving new crop of engines love to work with short ratios. I'm currently using 20/59, 25/54 (0.8 modules) at our track and my car is flying (at sea level). What gear ratio are you using??
What size is main straight?? Ours is 55mts long.

Hope these helps, and keep me posted

AFM