R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 3Racing Sakura Zero S
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2013, 06:17 AM
ta04evah
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Another Update

Another update in regards to a problem I was having previously with the problem of noisy gears and drive line binding.

After replacing the lower CF deck with a new one, well almost a completely new car the problem disappeared and the car was quiet. However fast forward a few weeks the problem is starting to appear again with the new(er) car.

Now here's something else to consider - I had finished building up a 3rd car but I built it up on the basic lower deck that comes with the Zero S, and just for my curiosity I put the most worn looking spur & pinion gear I had on the car and to my surprise it was quiet and silky smooth... And this was with all the same components & parts from the original car that was giving me grief with the noise and binding problems.

Call me crazy if you like, but I believe the problem lays in the CF lower decks tweaking and creating the problems.
So now I am procrastinating on whether to buy a Zero S lower deck for the second car or buy the newer narrow CF lower deck to see if that solves the problem. (note: the first and 2nd car had the old wide CF lower decks).

So, any thoughts, comments or suggestions? The pile of hair on the floor is growing and it's not cat fur...

Cheers
Rob.