R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - JConcepts Thread
View Single Post
Old 03-04-2013, 06:47 AM
PW
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Autocratic
Paul, any update on the status of 1/10th Buggy Pressure Points? I'm ready to spend money.
We actually have them in stock, but they haven't made the official press release and not on the website yet; maybe today or tomorrow. I believe they are already shipping to distributors .

Any reason why 2 of the 4 foam in my semi-new 3ds are much softer than the other 2( 4x4 SCT)? I rotate them frequently also....
Me and my local mates also have had heaps of the JC Blue SCT foams lately be all over the place with firmness straight out of the packet, its so bad that its extremely noticeable and effects traction for sure.
Also the hazard rims coming buckled and even with deformities making them unusable.

These issues have made me unfortunately not buy many JC Products anymore, as the turn around for us getting them from Amain to Australia and then having to say something about it and then get more sent out and wait again, on more than a few occasions, was getting frustrating to say the least

It is a shame as I did and still do love the products, if only i knew they would arrive and be the same packet to packet

Flame me If u must but i am just saying what has happened to me and a few locals around me also
Thank you for the feedback and we have already been working on the manufacturing side to improve consistency of the inserts. The wheel issue was a packaging error (to many per box) and has been corrected already. Unfortunately we don't know the status of certain stores inventory.

ok, best choice for 2wd rear buggy tire for hard packed clay / topsoil mix, dry, with generous amounts of dust on it. If it was swept, it would be a barcode track, no doubt, as the clean spots are pretty dialed with them now. The problem is that it just gets so much fluff over the entire track.

suggestions?
This has to be one of the worst track conditions to deal with and unfortunately there is no magic wand.... Even the best tire will still feel loose.

We get this a lot in Florida and sometimes we can get away with green Bar Codes with the stock white foam. If the dust is just to much; I have found that used 3D's with stock inserts work pretty good as well as DD's with stock inserts (both green compound). I like to spray the tire with Kalgard motorspray 5 - 10 minutes before my run. Normally use green Rips or blue Bar Codes on the front with 3/4 rear white foam.

Turning your throttle EPA down helps a bunch too .