R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya TRF417
Thread: Tamiya TRF417
View Single Post
Old 03-04-2013, 01:39 AM
Qatmix
Tech Master

Originally Posted by SS LS1
Quick question guys, what do you do when the Tamiya servo saver gets weak and feels sloppy?

1) Disassemble, tweak the C shaped metal bands into a smaller diameter and reassemble.
2) Chuck it in the trash and replace with new Tamiya parts.
3) Chuck it out and replace with an XRay servo saver.
4) Other method (please explain)

Thanks!

Tamiya servo savers are junk. Just get a mid sized kimbrough one (Or a variant)

Originally Posted by BJS414
Making new main chassis, topdecks and install Yokomo motor mount is easy, they have done these kind of things for years but they are just more or less going around in the same circles with that.

Tamiya need to put some focus on the suspension because what they are running now is pretty much the suspension they introduced 2004. Thats almost 10 years ago...and I must say i think it is pretty much underdeveloped.

I have been driving Tamiya for 7 years but that is comming to a end because their lack of innovation. To make a new suspension system is difficult and require a lot of work to get it working good but I will put my money to the manufacturer that builds something new. Just getting bored by TRF TCs
After playing with a T4 and and a BD7, I cant really see what you mean? The suspension on those kits is no way more advanced that TRF kits, if anything these cars suspension set-ups are becoming more similar to the TRF ones.

Dont get me wrong, I like new stuff, innovation etc but the TRF kits have just refined their suspension, lowering king pins, shortening the arms etc.