R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing Part 2
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2013, 05:04 AM
howardcano
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jrkilburn
The race announcer and most everyone else were telling him to knock it off but it continued in our VTA races as well as the other two classes he ran. He Won as a result in one class. Don't get me wrong here, he is good but....If he would pass cleanly I wouldn't be typing this...
The announcer needs to give stop and go penalties for preventable incidents. I've raced VTA in Omaha several times now, and they'll re-start the entire race if the first few laps get ugly! It only takes a few times for this to happen before guys begin to control their excitement and the bumping subsides. (The guys in Omaha are some of the most courteous drivers I've ever raced with.)

I pulled over and calmed myself down before getting back to the race. If it continues at this facility I will simply sell my stuff and take another ten year break and go crawling or something again.
Please don't let it get to you. Sometimes unsportsmanlike driving is accompanied by behavioral problems: Those drivers get their kicks out of pissing people off and creating confrontation. I've found that if you are courteous, talk, laugh, and make it obvious that you are having fun, and it is clear that your attitude can't be changed by anyone else, then those drivers who are trying to ruin your day will soon leave, looking for others who can be more easily pissed off. (Or they might even change their attitude, in an effort to fit in with the rest of the group. But don't count on that.)

My final point to this is that if you are such a great driver you should be able to exercise self control and pass cleanly and not hack your way through the field. I am not in your way, I am a competitor, no matter how fast, slow, or seemily "a newb" I appear to be to you.
And that is the difference between racing WITH someone, and racing AGAINST someone.