R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tekin RS ESC sensored
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2013, 05:30 AM
sobiski racer
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jsr555
I am returning to 17.5 boosted for a couple of meets without my old faithful Duo 2 and wont have a lot of time to set-up and find the sweet spot on both motor and speedie.

I was running the Duo 2 with a high torque rotor and two notches of timing on the can with the RS speedie, and it was nice... However, my Duo 2 has finally died...

Did anybody that was running a DUO 2 which updated their motor find that the new motor had similar characteristics to the DUO 2, ie, found they were using similar RPM ranges or boost settings on the RS... motor timing on the can etc.. If so.. which motor?

I was after a 'newer' motor, but with similar characteristics to the DUO 2 just to help with finding the sweet spot with limited time to test/play. (Track is about 90 x 60 feet with a mixed infield)

Any one go from the DUO 2 to D3?

thanks

And I am NOT asking which is the best 17.5.. ok.
I ran a duo 2 for 2 seasons and still love the motor, i switched to a d3.5 and just ended up putting a bigger spur with same pinion. Now d3.5 gone and duo 2 back in car. Switched spur everything back to normal. Hopefully this helped.
D3.5 had alot more bottom end