R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Columbia County Area, RC Enthusiasts
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2013, 10:23 PM
RC_Woody
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by JEFFRO503
Oh yeah....that 2050 is way plenty for out there!

I'm hoping my new soldering station shows up tomorrow. I bought anew one from a dude on here that shipped it out a few days ago. I also ordered a new Tekin Hotwire because I didn't have one. I'd like to put on a different ESC if my new radio/RX has issues with it like my old M8 did. If it does.....sounds like I may need to box it up and send it to tekin for a repair. Reading through the Tekin RX8 thread.....seems like there must of been a big bad batch of ESC's that came out. A lot of people sending them back in.....which has back logged them for 6-8weeks for a return.

I have a couple spares , so I should be good to go this next weekend if the weather is good.

And oh man....since I did my total tear down and rebuild.....I found so many things put together wrong and without any locktite it was crazy. My two rear hubs were one hole off from each other as well. Steering ackerman was set in the wrong holes.....bunch of little things. Should drive like a whole different buggy now ( better ).....and I even liked it before!
We could use my radio with your esc and test it out? if your radio isn't going to be here for a while. I have had no problems calibrating both my Rx8's with my M11x. So when you calibrate you hold the rx8 mode button until it beeps.. then don't do anything until it chimes the first time(It found neutral) then pull forward throttle, until it chimes... then reverse until it chimes and then I think it chimes one more time to tell you calibration is complete?