R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - ROAR 2013 Carpet On-Road Nationals
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2013, 10:28 AM
Taz_S
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by L.Fairtrace
Guys I'm working on trying to get open practice every morning and tech for the seeding. Hopefully the powers that be will understand why this is necessary.
2006 Carpet was so screws up with only controlled practice.
They got so many driver piss off that they open up some Open Practice in the morning.
Sorry but for nationals you must have as much practices you can get. I understand have some (and I say SOME) controlled but only the most you will run are 3 rounds.

You need Open Practice for so many reasons that not having it just shows how much Roar are so screws up. What happens if a if some go wrong with you ESC, batteries, or any thing else that you need track time to make sure it work. You do not what to fly all the way out to not get any usefully track time.

This is how is should work

Wed
Door opens for tech and “Open Practice”

1st round of controlled practice. This will be run very late in the day. This will set up Thursday first round of controlled practice.

To help get as many cars on the tracks you can set up Open Practice with motor classes. Set it up in 30 or 60 min rounds. Pulse you set a time limit on tracks time. You have to have you PT in the car and after the set time you get called off. Then you can go out to corner after you run.

The best I ever seen done was back at M&M back in the 90’s. We line up with are cars and a guy write down are name and channel. The let 12 drivers up we race for 5 min and we got off. Then we had to corner the next 12 drivers. If we did not corner you lost your next turn. We got a lot of track time and we had more drivers back in thought days.

That the way to do open practices.

Thus
Doors open start of Open Practices then 2nd round of controlled practice, use to set up round 3 of controlled practice.

Open Practice

3rd round of controlled practice set up heats for Friday.

Friday

Doors open start of Open Practice.

Heat 1

Heat 2

Open Practice.

Saturday

Heat 3

Heat 4

Open Practice.

Sunday