R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/12 forum
Thread: 1/12 forum
View Single Post
Old 02-22-2013, 10:59 AM
Radi0Flyer
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by TonyD.
Ok I'm new to 12th scale. My LHS is trying to get a 12th scale gt class going. So I bought a Schumacher Supastox. I can't seem to keep the car from going left when i hammer on the throtle down the streight. I loosend up the diff but still doing it. I run a 17.5 blinky with a 70T spur with a 28T pinion. Can anyone help the Supastox thread seems dead.
I'm with InspGadgt, check your axle play first. There should be small shims on the inside of the hub that ride on the inner bearing race only. Without the shim, the hub will rub on the outer bearing race and cause drag.

Also, both bearings act on the left side of the axle so if there is drag anywhere in the bearings it will cause the car to go left. Make sure your bearings spin freely and they are in alignment. Remove the pinion and spin your axle by hand by turning the spur. The whole axle should spin freely. (both tires) If you spin the spur gear and the diff side tire spins while the left tire doesn't you have drag on the hub side. Clean and lubricate bearings, make sure the bearings are seated properly in the pod.

Also, if the weight bias is heavy to one side, it will cause the diff to unload under power. Make sure your weight is as close to equal side to side.

Sean