Thread: Tamiya TRF415
View Single Post
Old 11-01-2004, 06:37 AM
V12
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by markp27
Hey, V12 - long time since we spoke

How do you like your 415 in comparison to the EVO III?

Work, my 710, a girlfriend or two , has meant that my 415 is still waiting to be driven

Cheers, Mark.
Hi Mark how your doing? Did send you a PM at the German forum.

Hmm, there a good and bad things with the 415. I like it very much on the track. I have been at a track I know very well two weeks ago for testing. With stock motors I had exactly the same laptimes with both cars. But with the 415 I was able for faster laptimes right in the beginning of a run. With the EVO3 I usually need 2 or 3 laps. Also laptimes were much more consistent with the 415. Regarding handling I think itīs easier using a lot of steering with the 415 as itīs with the EVO3. Also in the end I didnīt have to use a front rollbar with the 415 which is far better regarding handling but I never had this working with the EVO3.
I have to say I just have about 30 runs now with the 415 including the last weekend race. And itīs only on carpet with CS27 tires.
Bad thing is working on the 415 is a pain. Especially in compare to the EVO3. Changing a rear diff needs about 1 or 2 minutes with the EVO. Dontīknow eaxtly but itīs very long with the 415. At the race I had problems with the front belt. We had just 4 qualifiers with 2 to count and I lost 2 of them because of the frontbelt. One time the belt was twisting and was on the wrong side then. In the last qualifier which had been fast enough for TQ the frontbelt broke. Changing the belt needed more than one hour as it needs a nearly complete stripdown of the car. I didnīt have any spare with me as they didnīt arrive before the race but one of the other guys had a white frontbelt for me.
I think I will stay with the 415 but I think I have to do some things for the future.