R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - New 1:8 Body from PROTOform: the PFL128
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2013, 03:52 PM
wingracer
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DS Motorsport
The thing which is frustrating is the way Protoform ships their orders to the distributers. Because of the way the bodies are shipped, already packed in bags and labeled, the shipping costs are insane and distributers simply can't afford ordering large amounts of bodyshells. Because of the high shipping costs Protoform bodies cost more and they are less interesting to sell as a shop. Personally I rather sell someone a Blitz shell then a Protoform shell.

So basically all of the issues with availability are created by Protoform themselves. It's a shame you guys are too stubborn to change this because you guys have great products.
Wow, glad I'm not one of your customers. I'd rather pay a bit more for a quality product that I want than have someone try to ram a cheaper but inferior product down my throat. Fortunately at least here in the US, PF bodies are usually cheaper as well.

I have never had any problems getting PF bodies from my usual suppliers such as Ashford, Amain and the local hobby shops. I also appreciate the added features such as good packaging (they don't come scratched or smashed), stiffeners, bolts, good looking stickers, etc. Most importantly, they perform. I believe every body in the A at the winternats was a PF except for a few that are DIRECT BACK POURED CLONES of a PF body.

I can see how shipping could be an issue for non US shops but now you know how we feel about paying double for your European or Asian bodies. The last non-PF 1/8th body I ran was a Zytec that cost more than TWICE what I pay for PF and it didn't even come in a bag, much less any extras.