R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/12 forum
Thread: 1/12 forum
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2013, 01:32 PM
avs
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chris moore
Sorry but to me a serpent conversion kit implies that if you have a serpent car and buy the kit you will have all the parts needed to convert the car. That just is not so, what is not(or was not at that time) memtioned anywhere is that the serpent conversion chassie is drilled for AE parts, ie center pivot, sidelinks, and frontend. So the buyer cannot use the doner parts from a serpent car, except the frontend, because thay will not fit. Had Chicky been up front with this info and listed the needed parts I would not have bought the kit. O and also not included in the kit you have to buy the on-point standoffs seperate thay are not included in the kit but you cannot complete the conversion without them. No the on-point conversions are not a less expensive option and border on fradulent addvertising, imo if you addvertise something as a kit the buyer should be made aware of the fact that he will need parts from a different car. Because on-point does not do that I'm letting this possible buyer know of the pitfalls of an on-point serpent conversion kit.
not accurate, the serpent conversion only requires an AE center pivot. ($3?).
i consider this an improvement, not a negative. (the serpent pivot costs $12 and doesn't work as well as the AE part)

other than that, you need 2 standoffs and damper tubes if starting from a s120L.