R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - The truth about Lipo brands??
View Single Post
Old 02-19-2013, 09:41 AM
R1wurks
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

On tc it's different. I don't know any thunder power or crc 2s comparable to most 7000mah cells on the market (smc,reedy,protek,intellects sting & trinity/revtech . Most of this 7000 packs are capable of a tenth or two better lap times in most conditions, thruout a full 5 min race.

So I would have concerns with the some of the brand names, specifically crc 2s & thunder power 2s.

Try running a pack that was used on one 5 minute main & try hitting your best lap with the run Down pack(from a 5min main) with a cool motor.
If you can hit your fastest lap consistently with that pack then I agree with you.

Originally Posted by sosidge
I'll hazard a guess that the discharge rate is in the region of 30A, based on the discharge unit I think is being used.

And to be honest, all those graphs say to me is that the generic pack has a weak cell in it (either as a result of it being a cheap pack, or coincidence), and the other packs perform very similarly. The slightly lower average voltage of the CRC pack can be explained by it's lower capacity.

I have no idea what 12th mod uses from a 1s in 8 minutes, but 1/10th TC in 17.5 Blinky uses about 1500mAh, that's 1/3rd of the rated capacity of my IP shorty pack, and 1/4 of the rated capacity of my IP-made stick pack. I'll never see the voltage drop. When I race, I notice that the car is quicker in the first minute or so - this is a combination of the higher pack voltage and the lower motor temps. My cars stay consistent for the remaining 4 minutes, any drop off is caused by motor heat rather than a weak battery.

I'd have no concerns about any of those branded packs assuming the QC is consistent.